Wednesday, January 27, 2016

The Intern Adventures

The Intern Adventures
Hello! My name is Morgan and I am a new Intern with the Elder Program. It's my 3rd week here with the Elder Program, and only this week did I actually meet the elders (what with all the holidays and all). I've been getting used to the complicated building and getting an ear for accents and new languages I haven't heard much. Every one at KRM is very nice and Eva & Michaela are taking good care of me.
So far I have taken  refugee elders to the bank to set up accounts and have tried to explain Star Wars to a few (unsuccessfully I fear). I also have enjoyed my time playing checkers with David from the Karen State of Burma and talking about traveling with Jolyana and Zaki who are both from Iraq. All the refugees I have met so far are always very courteous and have tried to teach me their languages, which I enjoy. I have found the new word I am using most often with Arabic speakers is "sa'ab" which means difficult, because as Murphy's law states: Anything that can go wrong, will go wrong. 


No comments:

Post a Comment